Thursday, 21 May 2015

Still here....

Well... What a day.   I am looking forward to getting out of here in the morning.  Despite the inclement weather we decided to do the walk around the wall which once surrounded the city but sadly much of it has gone... Who knows where.   Anyway coats on and scarfed up we head for the stairs. 
Badger asks 'did you pick up the map? '
me : 'no, but no worries I'll pop back and get it '  ... he fishes around for the keys... But oh no!!!  Locked in the apartment.  It is raining quite heavily and without the keys... once we exit we cannot access even the lift or stairs.   So homeless we start our walk. Every half hour trying to contact the owner for help. I was just starting to get worried that she's out of town on business or something when I spotted a gorgeous little boutique hotel... Looks 5 star to me... 'hmmmm maybe this isn't as bad as is seems ' lips just start to curl into a smile when finally owner is returning our calls and messages. Drats!!! Lol
To top it off we spent a good while searching for the Badger's spare glasses,  his only ones now, since he lost his others a few weeks ago.  We turned the cases inside out.  Then trekked back to the car... again,  for another look there.  Eventually I found them tucked down the seat near the hand brake.  Fair do 's... as he pointed out,  he could have found them sooner if he had glasses on...
Anyway attached photos are from the wall.  We also found a delightful garden tucked up there.  The bridge is 'Eiffel 's bridge'
.

No comments:

Post a Comment