Friday, 22 May 2015

Dia dos Barceonla

'Will post photos of yesterday's sights in a tick.  Firstly just a little re-cap.
So sorry to say goodbye to the little Volvo yesterday but I dare say Paul was glad to get out and run...albeit dragging the heavy cases behind
him.  It took hours for his blood pressure to return to normal...what a hero, again I don't know how he did it...when we were on the approach to Barcelona and the traffic became obvious, I was freaking out and I was only a passenger.  Even with good old Carmen the GPS, this was destined to be a nightmare of epic proportions...and navigating on the 'wrong' side of the road..just as well it wasn't just after getting the car.  Both of us were using every device we had at hand to find the blasted Railway station but even Carmen wouldn't identify one until you are basically on top of it and also note for the future...find out in advance the local terminology for such places.  In the end we abandoned trying to do that bit together and he wasn't joking when he said I was basically thrown onto the pavement...I only managed to drag the 2 top cases out of the boot before he had to start moving and I left him with all that luggage to try to get here.  Then there I am on the pavement...alone for the first time in 5 weeks.   I was the lucky one though because about ten minutes later a delightful young man ushered me into this heavenly apartment.  It is to die for...huge and luxurious.  Walking distance to stuff and tastefully decorated and well appointed with attention to detail ahhh marvelous.
Also one thing I had meant to mention before about the cars...especially in Spain...oh my....I love cars as those who know me...know.  It was heartbreaking to see all these luxury cars...current model Jaguars, Mercs, Beemers...and worst of all.... gasp....Alfas, probably only moths old some of them......battered up.  Then after starting to get around the old cities and towns...I could see why. I felt for sure we were going to have to mortgage the house to pay for any damage to the little Volvo...but Paul did an excellent job of navigating through the narrow streets and parking....and maybe also a jolly heap load of luck. 
Anyway after a walk in the sunshine a coffee and beers for the Badger...it was on on to a delightful afternoon of taking in the phenomenal architecture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment