I loved Spain immensely but the climate is harsh...couldn't live there. But then, this is coming from a person who cannot for the life of me understand people's fascination with blistering heat...give me a Melbourne winter or even snow....and there is nothing wrong with a platinum sky let me tell you. Weird I know you may say...anyway the climate of Provence is superb. A little wee hint of humidity, mid 20's and a gentleness about the sun...can you tell I love it?
Despite my reluctance to come to France at all...the Badger has made a Francophile of me (although he does warn me this may change when we get to Paris)
The last time I was in France, and admittedly it was no where near here...people were abominably rude, cranky and sooo very superior. Here everyone is helpful, nice and smiling...but then again it would take a lot of hard work and dedication to be a cranky puss here, in this little slice of heaven.
I love the way the French love their pooches. Mostly you see a lot of men walking around with sweet little 'yappers' of every description. They take them everywhere....no rules. Last night I was surprised to see a huuge Dalmatian trot into the Cafe de Nuit/ Van Gogh Cafe....and promptly take up residence on the chair next to me. He looked very happy....even happier when he saw my dinner arrive . I gave him my best death stare..."If you think I'm sharing my Duckbeef dog you are sadly mistaken...I'm famished" ....disheartened he moved on. His owner had gone inside but then appeared a little later and bent over to turn a little lantern on..oooohhhlalala...good grief ...glad the Badger has failing sight...oh my goodness ..yikes. knickers????? someone buy that girl some.
As for the duckbeef. I ordered a plate of duck breast...which looked and tasted surprisingly like porterhouse steak...ce'est la vie ...it was delish anyway and I was hardly going to upset Manuel from Fawlty Towers', French cousin. He was a bit of a hoot.
Message for the lovely Gail Frances...tried your Violette ice-cream yesterday...have been on a mission to find it...found it in a sweet little mountain village....heavenly and was scooped into a fresh waffle cone and crystallised violets scattered on the top. Had a taste but the travesty was...I cannot eat the stuff...had a nibble and then reluctantly had to hand it over to the Badger....going to make him eat some Lavender ice-cream later. That is thick on the round here. yum yum yum.
Monday, 11 May 2015
Just a few observations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment